BIM Modeler – Bakersfield, CA
A-C Electric Company is growing rapidly and has an immediate need for a BIM Modeler in Bakersfield, CA.
The BIM Modeler will produce 3D modeling of electrical drawings and components utilizing A-C Electric Company’s virtual construction (VC) system as required for projects. The BIM Modeler will successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position while demonstrating A-C Electric Company’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- Perform layout and input of marked-up drawings into Revit in accordance with A-C Electric Company’s virtual construction (VC) system standards.
- Produce detailed drawings in 3D including installation instructions as required for prefabrication orders as directed by VC team: BIM Lead, Plan Detailer and Construction Services Manager.
- Produce a prefabrication catalog of working drawings, wiring diagrams, and cross-sections, as required for fabrication and installation crew instructions.
- Performs verification and preparation of layout drawings to meet customer requirements.
- Collaborate with Plan Detailer and Construction Services Manager daily on prefabrication orders, VC schedules, etc.
- Read architectural and structural floor plans, section and elevations.
- Manage work flow on projects assigned and completes work within estimated hours.
- Create and maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external project teams.
- Complete record drawings at the end of each project.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent. Vocational, Technical or Junior College (AA) Degree in drafting or an AutoCAD-related discipline, or a minimum of five years of related work experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the electrical construction industry, with knowledge of electrical symbols and electrical drafting conventions and standards.
- Strong use and knowledge of Revit and BIM.
- Preferred 3-5 years’ experience in electrical design and construction installation methods.
- Desire to learn and develop.
- Ability to create Revit work sets and understanding of Revit work sharing process.
- Be able to manipulate Revit families, views, browser structure, sheets, schedules, filters and similar Revit functions.
- Fluency in the 2D and 3D space.
- Understanding of 3D coordination with other construction trades.
- Fluency for importing documents, such as spread sheets, photos, images, and word processing files into Revit projects.
- Fluency in reading 2D plans, electronically or hard copy.
- Skills obtained above and beyond the building elements would be creating simple parametric families, utilizing shared parameters, creating schedules, and creating complex geometry.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Has strong ability to be a team player and leader.
- Self-starter and motivated to work efficiently and effectively.
- Proficient in the use of PC and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word).
- Electrical background required.
- Health and dental plans
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short and long term disability plans
- Pension plan
- Two profit sharing plans
- Incentive and recognition programs
- Relocation assistance