Chief Electrical Estimator
A-C Electric Company is growing rapidly and has an immediate need for a full-time Chief Electrical Estimatior. (This is a new position at A-C! Wouldn’t you like to join a team with growth and expansion opportunities?
The Chief Electrical Estimator is responsible for estimating work as scheduled by the PCS Manager for bid. Estimator will prepare cost estimates for electrical projects, bid projects, prepare portions of contract proposal estimates, communicate with clients, vendors, engineers, architects, building officials, owners, contractors and subcontractors, determine scope of work, review design options and price all field change orders. This position is located in Bakersfield, Calif.
• Prepares cost estimates from design conception to basic design as requested for project purposes
• Examines and reviews unusual cost records and ensures costs data is allocated correctly within the construction environment
• Updates organizational cost standards on a regular basis for new projects
• Tracks market prices for construction costs, equipment, material and labor
• Education: Four-year business or engineering degree or equivalent experience (minimum of 5 years).
• Experience: 5 years minimum electrical field experience
• Experience: 5 years minimum as an estimator
• Standards: NEC, NFPA, UL and ISA, as related to design and documentation
• Classifications: Area classification requirements as related to design and documentation
• Wiring: techniques, color-coding, sizing and de-rating, and insulation classifications
• Plans: Able to read and interpret one-line diagrams, schematics, P&IDs, layout drawings and wiring diagrams and modify them for optimization
• Applications: Proficient in computer software including MS Office and McCormick estimating software
• Demonstrate and uphold all of A-C Electric Company’s core values which include integrity, quality, professionalism, knowledge, safety, service, family, community and desire.
• Health and dental plans
• Paid vacations and holidays
• Life Insurance
• Short and long term disability plans
• Pension plan
• Two profit sharing plans
• Incentive and recognition programs
• Relocation assistance
More About Us:
Founded in 1945, A-C Electric Company has grown into one of the largest electrical contractors in Central California with Division locations in Bakersfield, Fresno and Visalia. We pride ourselves in employing the best and the brightest individuals, utilizing the highest quality materials and the latest construction methods to ensure that our customers receive the level of quality and value that they deserve. Our superior project performance, professionalism and stability is evidenced by our bond rating, which is one of the best in the industry.