A-C Electric Company is growing rapidly and has an immediate need for a Plan Detailer in Bakersfield, CA.
The mission of the Plan Detailer is to ensure proper planning and identify prefabrication opportunities; develop and plan conceptual designs and communicate said opportunities to the Construction Services Team for effective preconstruction of projects. The Plan Detailer will successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position while demonstrating A-C Electric Company’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- Establishes and utilizes a systematic approach to detailing electrical projects to achieve job site success.
- Actively participates in pre-bid, pre-construction and planning meetings to realize project scope of work and identify opportunities for improved efficiency utilizing prefabrication.
- Collaborates with Pre-Construction Services Team to review initial estimate and WBS (Work Breakdown Structure).
- Prepares initial documentation (RFIs) requesting clarification of original architectural design.
- Collaborates with Project Manager, Foreman, and Construction Services Team through Lessons Learned/Best Practices.
- Build positive and effective working relationship with internal and external project teams.
- Manages the work flow on projects assigned and completes work within estimated hours.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- General Forman/Foreman/Field Supervisor/Superintendent with 10 years plus of Electrical Experience, Journeyman or Master’s License preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the electrical construction trade is preferred; commercial, industrial, traffic signals, and solar.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Ability to read, interpret and understand construction drawing sets and specifications.
- Strong ability to plan and schedule projects and provide training to do so.
- Must be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word). Working knowledge of McCormick or other bidding software a plus.
- Working knowledge of Revit / AutoCad a plus.
- Strong ability to plan and schedule projects.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Has strong ability to be a team player and leader.
- Self-starter and motivated to work efficiently and affectively.
More About Us:
Founded in 1945, A-C Electric Company has grown into one of the largest electrical contractors in Central California with Division locations in Bakersfield, Fresno and Visalia. We pride ourselves in employing the best and the brightest individuals, utilizing the highest quality materials and the latest construction methods to ensure that our customers receive the level of quality and value that they deserve. Our superior project performance, professionalism and stability is evidenced by our bond rating, which is one of the best in the industry.